The College has a Antiragging committee and members have been designated to take care of the ragging grievance of the academic year. The students can convey their ragging problems to the following faculty members over phone or in person or in written format.
What Constitutes Ragging?
- Display of noisy, disorderly conduct doing any act which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or embarrassment to a student in any educational institution.
- Teasing, abusing of, playing practical jokes or causing hurt to such students.
- Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly do.
- Ragging in colleges is a cognizable offence.
- Ragging within or outside any educational institution is totally prohibited.
- Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates "ragging" within or outside any educational institution, shall be punished with imprisonment for a team which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend to Rs.10,000 /-
- Any student convicted of an offence under section 4 shall also be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution.
- Whenever any student complains of ragging to the head of an educational institution or any other person responsible for the management, such person shall enquire into the same immediately and if found true shall suspend the student, who has committed the offence, from the educational institution.
- If the head of the educational institution or the person responsible for management of the educational institution falls or neglects to take action when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offence of ragging and shall be punished as provided for in section 4.